Feel Great After a Lymphatic Drainage Massage
Since the 1930s, millions of people worldwide have enjoyed the benefits of a lymphatic drainage massage. Visit us for a calming, relaxing, and healing experience.
What is Lymphatic Drainage?
Developed in Europe in the 1930's by Dr. Emil and Estrid Vodder, Manual Lymph Drainage (MLD®) is a safe, effective, and gentle approach to cleansing the body's tissues and has a detoxifying effect.
It can benefit a healthy person as well as be applied to more than 60 different conditions. Scientific studies, as well as vast clinical experience, have supported the effectiveness of MLD®.
Your lymphatic system is effectively your body's drainage system. Toxins and metabolic waste is flushed out of muscle and organ tissue via the lymph nodes and canals; This is one way, the lymphatic system plays a vital role in your immune system.
What are the Benefits of Lymphatic Drainage?
Lymphatic drainage offers many benefits to the human body - both mentally and physically. Below are some examples of what lymphatic drainage does to help promote wellness:
- Provides a boost to the immune system - by stimulating lymph flow, lymphatic drainage massage (LMD) helps fight infections and diseases.
- Reduces inflammation - improving lymph flow helps reduce inflammation which in turn can reduce symptoms, such as swelling and pain.
- Helps detoxify the body - the lymphatic system is in charge of removing toxins and other waste from the body. LMD can increase the lymphatic systems’ capacity and improve its ability to detoxify the body.
- Reduces swelling - improving the lymph flow can help remove excess fluid from the swollen area, which reduces swelling.
- Relieve an abscess - in some cases lymphatic drainage can help relieve an abscess by removing pus from the body.
- Promotes post-surgical recovery - lymphatic drainage can help patients recovering after a surgery by improving lymph flow, which helps to reduce swelling, manage pain, and promote overall healing.
These are just some examples of the positive effect that lymphatic drainage can have on the body. There are many other benefits, including promoting healthy skin, improving the digestive system, helping to reduce stress and improving sleep quality, to name just a few.
Lymphatic drainage is a gentle technique that supports the entire lymph system, effecting and improving our mental and physical health.
Skepticism is encouraged, especially if you are unfamiliar with lymphatic drainage and are just now exploring its potential benefits. Don't worry - it's benefits are well supported via clinical studies. Studies have demonstrated its benefits with respect to post-cancer challenges (lymphedema), as well as general well-being. If you're diving deep and doing your homework, we recomment these studies and schools to start:
More About Lymphatic Drainage
Clinically demonstrated to be effective, manual lymphatic drainage provides numerous benefits:
- MLD® removes metabolic wastes, excess water, toxins, bacteria, large protein molecules and foreign substances from the tissues.
- MLD®, through its gentle rhythmical precise hand movements, alleviates pain by greatly reducing the pain signals sent to the brain.
- MLD® releases the sympathetic nervous system, thus helping to relieve stress.
- MLD® helps the body to heal more quickly from injuries, surgical trauma, chronic conditions and edema.
- MLD® helps to minimize scar formation.
Where it Helps:
- Post-Cancerous Surgeries
- Maintain Lymphedema & Lipedema
- Pre/Post Surgery
- Pre/Post Cosmetic Surgery
- Varicose Veins
- Sprains & Strains
- Rheumatoid Arthritis & Tendonitis
- Chronic Pain
- Sinusitis & Tinnitus
- Meniere's disease
- Chronic Fatigue
- Toxic Poisoning