Visit Us When It’s Time for a Massage
From relaxation to pain relief, movement rehabilitation to injury recovery, there’s no denying the therapeutic benefits of a massage. Our massage therapists are here to help you relax, heal, and feel better. Isn’t it time for your next massage?
Located in Manhattan’s Union Square, NYC
Union Square has no shortage of massage therapists, but few offer the level of competence and capability that we do. Our massage therapists are fully integrated into our physical therapy practice, meaning that you enjoy the benefits of combined therapy when appropriate.
Moreover, we offer a unique perspective when it comes to rehabilitation, recovery, and relaxation. We offer numerous massage specialities, all of which are available to you if needed. See our massage specialties.
See also: lymphatic drainage massage.
Where Massage Helps
One of the oldest methods of rehabilitation in existence, most New Yorkers know how enjoyable a good massage is. Massage therapy is also instrumental in providing relief from pain associated with injury (or chronic conditions).
Massage can help with:
- Swelling from post surgery / sprain or strain
- Scars / burns / acne
- Chronic joint pain
- Chronic fatigue / fibromyalgia
- Headache / migrane / sinusitis
- Stress reduction
- Toxic poisoning
Learn More About Massage Therapy
The benefits of a therapeutic massage have been known for over a thousand years (as far back as documented history on the subject is available). At James Fowler Physical Therapy, we offer our patients a host of specialties to suit your needs from experienced and certified massage therapists.
(click to expand)
In addition to relaxation and injury recovery, massage therapy offers numerous other benefits:
- Induces Better Lymph Movement thus improving the Immune System. Lymph is a fluid that drains impurities and toxins from the tissue cells. (MLD)
- Reduces Blood Pressure
- The oxygen capacity of the blood can increase 10-15% after massage.
- Enhances Skin Condition
- It improves the function of the sebaceous and sweat glands, which keep the skin lubricated, clean, and youthful.
- Aids in Weight Loss through better Digestion and Intestinal Function; as a result, the metabolic rate increases.
- Sharpens Athletic Performance
- Relieves tension-related headaches and migraines
Meet Our Therapists
Our dedicated and experienced team of therapists and paramedical support staff are what empower us to help our patients.
Well-trained, experienced, and motivated to help you feel better, you can count on our team of physical therapists and massage therapists to help you move and feel better.
Our Space: Dedicated to Effective Therapy & Comfort
We have been in our Union Square location for over 16 years and are proud of the reputation we have earned all over NYC. Our treatment space is located in Lower Manhattan, a block North of Union Square.
Get in Touch
James Fowler Physical Therapy is located in Union Square at 873 Broadway, between 18th and 19th street. (To buzz into building dial 012).
Monday - Friday: 7:30 am - 7 pm